Original article: Александр Тарасов: 1968 год в свете нашего опыта, Scepsis (Moscow) http://scepsis.net/library/id_2274.html
East European historians Tamás Krausz and Miklós Mitrovits talk to Klára Szarka.
Four excellent articles address the theoretical and historical problems of social transformation in this issue of Eszmélet. Based on the links between the material and spiritual modes of production, István Mészáros describes the conditions and limits of "free spiritual production", showing that without transforming the whole system there is no way to the realm of freedom. Starting out on the lessons from 1968, Alexander Tasasov presents the historically determined way of transforming the system revolutionary by overcoming its limits. A still forceful article of Noble prize winning writer Gabriel García Márquez from 1974 analyses the historical roots and lessons of the fall of Allende and the excellent cultural sociologist Jim McGuigan reconstructs the leading ideas governing capitalism.
Table of contents
- Szarka Klára, Mitrovits Miklós, Krausz Tamás : Neo-Horthysm and the ‘Second Edition of Capilalism’
- Mészáros István : Historical Conditions and Limits of “Free Spiritual Production”
- Alekszandr Nyikolajevics Taraszov : 1968 in the Light of our Experiences
- Gabriel García Márquez : Why Allende Had to Die? Sedition in Santiago
- Bimbó Mihály : About the Movement of “Populist Writers”
- Barta Tamás : Divergent Middle Ways: Theoretical Categorisation of the Populist Movement
- Florian Musil : Anti-Francoist Social Movements in Barcelona: Social and Political Victims Become the Founders of a New Democratic Civil Society under Dictatorial Rule
- Jakab Attila : Light and Shadows: Catholic Church Leaders, Anti-Semitism and Holocaust during the Horthy Era (1920-1944)
- François Houtart : Vatican’s Campaign against the Liberation Theology: Fear of Marxist Contamination
- Patrick Michel, Jesús García-Ruiz : Neo-Pentecostalism in Latin America: Contribution to a Political Anthropology of Globalisation
- Jakab Attila : Pope Francis: Changes in the Vatican?
- Jim McGuigan : The Spirits of Capitalism
- Bózsó Péter : NOT Simple
- Tütő László : Whites in Africa
- Szarka Klára : Photographer on the Street: under the Pretext of the Pictures by Vilmos Skuta