Also Peter Gowan wrote that the incorporation of East Europe into the capitalist world system is highly similar to imperialism. The starting point of the study of István Mészáros is that structural crisis of the system of capitalist production specifically falls into military interventions, in which globalized capital (which disposes the strongest positions in the so called postmodern countries) turns against modern and pre-modern regions "in order to perpetuate their so-called »liberal imperialisms and the total domination of the militarily less powerful countries by unleashing »death and destructions." According to the study, despite former experiences there are positive preconditions nowadays to organize a more combative International.
Table of contents
- At the social crossroads (about capitalism and socialism)
- Mészáros István : Reflections on the New International
- Szabó Tamás, Fülöp Ádám : People without land, land without people. Material and spiritual expropriation of land in Hungary
- Fred Magdoff : Twenty-First-Century Land Grabs Accumulation by Agricultural Dispossession
- Mônica Dias Martins : Learning to Participate: The MST Experience in Brazil
- Laurent Delcourt : The expanding techniques of agrarian business on the South hemisphere
- Jancsó Miklós : This silly profession. An interview by Andrew James Horton
- Krzysztof Rucinski : Two men against history A comparative analysis films by Miklós Jancsó and Andrzej Wajda
- Barta Tamás : The early period of the Hungarian folk-dance movement – social ideology or national art?
- Fóris Ákos : The Holocaust in the area of the Western Group of Occupation Forces. Account of the Solicitor Division of the State Protection Authority in the case of Nándor Pápai, 12th of January, 1950.
- Bartha Eszter : Collective farms in the grip of the state
- Tütő László : Head Party – Belly Party